Before investing in a new air central air condition system, the first question you may be wondering is, “How much will it cost?” If you search online for a price, you’ll see numbers ranging from $3,000 up to $8,000, based on national averages. If you don’t find that wide range very helpful – we don’t blame you.
The cost of a new central air conditioning can vary based on your location, home, and needs, which is why it’s so important to get an estimate from a reputable installer. A few factors that can influence the final price are the equipment brand, size of the unit, energy-efficient rating, warranty, and installation quality.
Factors that impact the cost of installing a central AC system
- Brand of equipment. You may not be familiar with air conditioning system manufacturers, but a handful of them are out there. Like any type of product, there are high-quality, trusted brands and others with a lower price tag at the sacrifice of performance and reliability.
At DeZiel Heating & AC, Inc., we thoroughly research the brands and equipment we carry to offer our customers the best quality and value.
- Size of the air conditioning system. The size of the AC unit is one of the most important decisions to make – both for pricing and long-term comfort. If the unit is too small, it won’t have enough power to cool your home properly. But if it’s too big, it will hurt the system’s efficiency and impact your monthly utility bills.
Air conditioning capacity can be measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) or tonnage. Either way, the larger the unit, the more expensive it will likely be. This is where an experienced HVAC technician can calculate the appropriate size, so you get the biggest bang (and cooling power) for your buck.
- Energy-efficiency. One of the first things that customers look for in a new air conditioning system is high energy efficiency. The good news is that nearly any new unit today is more advanced in this department than ACs from 15-20 years ago. The SEER rating measures the energy efficiency of air conditioning. Just keep in mind that the higher the energy efficiency, the more expensive the system will be – but it will also save you money on monthly energy bills. So you have to factor both sides into your decision.
- Length and terms of the warranty. Pro tip: don’t overlook the value of the manufacturer’s warranty, which can range from 2 to 10 years depending on the brand and model. You may pay a little more upfront for an AC with a longer warranty, but it can pay off in the long run by saving you hundreds (if not thousands) in unexpected repair costs.
- Installer experience and credential. It’s great to have a “guy” to help with certain home projects, but installing an air conditioning system isn’t one of them. Using an experienced and reputable HVAC company ensures that the equipment is installed and calibrated correctly. Whether you get referrals from family or read up on online reviews, hiring a quality company is worth the investment.
Central air conditioning installation in Buffalo, MN
If you’re in the market for a new air conditioning system, you may have plenty of questions – about pricing, features, new technology, and just about anything in between. At DeZiel Heating & AC, we’re here to answer all your AC questions and help you make the best decision for your home. Schedule an appointment today at 763-684-3965.