Now that summer has arrived, and you’ve been running the air conditioning more frequently, have you noticed that there’s more dust in your home than usual? Or is there a strange smell lingering with all the windows closed? It may be time to have your air ducts cleaned.
Professional air duct cleaning can make your home feel healthier and more comfortable. The cost of air duct cleaning can vary based on a few factors, including how dirty the ducts are, the size of your home, the accessibility of the ductwork, and the credentials of the professional.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning is the process of removing dust, pet dander, mold spores, and other contaminants from your ductwork. Over time, these particles can build up inside the ducts and circulate throughout your home when the air conditioning (or furnace) runs. By vacuuming or scrubbing out the ducts, professional cleaning delivers several benefits:
- Making the air in your home feel cleaner and healthier
- Reducing allergens and other airborne health risks
- Reducing dust that settles around your home
- Removing odors caused by mildew or other microorganisms
- Improving airflow and efficiency of your HVAC system
Making The Air in Your Home Feel Cleaner And Healthier
One of the main benefits of air duct cleaning is that it can make the air in your home feel cleaner and healthier. This is especially important for people who suffer from allergies or asthma, as even a small amount of dust or mold can trigger an attack. By removing these particles from your ductwork, you can breathe easier and enjoy a higher quality of air in your home.
Reducing Allergens And Other Airborne Health Risks
Air duct cleaning can also help reduce allergens and other airborne health risks from circulating through your home. Pet dander, dust mites, pollen, mold spores, and other particles that are often found in air ducts can cause serious respiratory symptoms for people with allergies or asthma. In addition, young children and the elderly are also at a higher risk for developing health problems from these particles.
Reducing Dust That Settles Around Your Home
Another benefit of air duct cleaning is that it can help reduce the amount of dust that settles around your home. Over time, dust can build up in your ductwork and release into your home when the air conditioner or furnace runs. By having your air ducts cleaned, you can cut down on the amount of dust that accumulates around your home and make it easier to keep clean.
Removing Odors Caused by Mildew or Other Microorganisms
In addition to dust and other contaminants, air ducts often contain mildew or other microorganisms that can cause odors in your home. By having the ducts professionally cleaned, you can eliminate these odors so your home smells fresher and cleaner.
Improving Airflow And Efficiency of Your HVAC System
Finally, air duct cleaning can help improve the airflow and efficiency of your system. Over time, dust and other particles can accumulate in the ducts and reduce the amount of air that is able to pass through them. This not only affects the air quality in your home but can also cause your HVAC system to run less efficiently, resulting in higher energy bills. By cleaning out the ductwork, you can help keep your system running smoothly and efficiently.
How Much Does Air Duct Cleaning Cost?
An air duct cleaning professional will give you a quote for service. Here are a few factors that may affect the final price.
- Condition of your ducts. If your ducts are extremely dirty, they may require more intensive service and special equipment, increasing the cost. That’s why we recommend having your ducts cleaned on a regular schedule to prevent excessive build-up and make cleaning more affordable.
- Size of your home. Air duct cleaning is often quoted by the number of supply vents. So, the bigger your house, the more supply vents you will likely have. But the quantity of ductwork isn’t the only factor, which leads us to the next point.
- Accessibility of ducts. If your ductwork is easy to reach, that makes the job simpler (and less expensive). However, if it takes extra time or effort to access the ducts, that could increase the price.
- Experience and credentials of the cleaners. These days, many contractors offer cheap service, but you will likely get what you pay for. If air duct cleaning is done incorrectly, you could experience MORE dust in your home, along with potentially damaged ductwork. When researching air duct cleaning companies, ask about their experience, references, insurance, the inspection process, and the guidelines they follow.
No matter the reason for needing professional air duct cleaning, it’s important to consider the factors that can affect the cost of the service. The size of your home, how dirty the ducts are, and the credentials of the professional all play a role in determining how much you will pay for the job. With a little research, you can find a reputable professional to clean your air ducts and enjoy the many benefits that come with it.
Air Duct Cleaning in Buffalo, MN
Professional air duct cleaning can be a smart investment in your home. To learn more about the process and receive a free quote for your home, call DeZiel Heating & AC today at 763-684-3965. Our experts will be happy to answer any questions you have and help you breathe easier this summer.